Our invitation to you is to join us in this workshop that will be geared primarily to the practice of giving and receiving physical adjustments and assist in the practice and teaching of yoga.
We would like to empower teachers who would like to grow in their offering of hands-on-assistance to their students that are seeking this style of instruction, in their classes.
Learning to adjust students properly requires a level of understanding of the holistic purpose of a pose as well as an average student’s potential within that posture. With multiple ways of moving into a posture and varying degrees of limitation(s) or injuries in a student, there will be a wide range of modifications that can be made available.
The more we teach; the more we observe; the more we learn; the more we have to offer our classes.
This workshop will include:
Art and Science of Adjusting 10 basic postures:
- One: Help a student move into a pose safely.
- Two: Help a student find his or her point of balance,
- Three: Take a student into an expression of the pose that they are not able to do themselves. the student can achieve new sensations.
Make conscious choices about which students to adjust and how to adjust them.
Know your intention before placing hands on a student so that your adjustment will be direct and useful.
- Are you trying to help a student with alignment? Are you adjusting a student in order to prevent injury?
- Help find a deeper expression of a pose that they might not be able to find without your assistance? maybe they need to find more space for their breath?